Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mystery Bird - or Very Common Bird?

Last night I spent two great hours in the area around Stearn's Lake. While I was there I spent some time watching this bird in the Cattails and Grasses at the Northeast corner of the lake.

My leaning is to Orange-Crowned Warbler, as the habitat is right and there are so many around, but either the field marks are incorrect or my pictures aren't capturing them clearly.


My questions arise from the lack of any visible streaking on the breast, and no break in the eye ring that I can see.


If anyone knows that this is something different please feel free to comment, or email me at daveabirding-at-gmail-dot-com. I'll keep digging and post any updates, but in reality there is just too much to see outside to get a fast turnaround on exhaustive research for the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment