Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Broomfield Evening


Who can't enjoy an hour at the local park when the sun is making new growth glow?

As I walked two areas of the park I added a handful of new species for the county, and saw the Bushtit above that was a new add for the lifelist.


I stopped for a bit to watch for sparrows in the grass, and instead caught this Phoebe and its prey.


The setting sun didn't provide much light, but this Pied-Billed Grebe was even more accommodating that the one I saw Friday evening.



Finally I saw this Redhead Duck couple taking a leisurely dip at sunset. What a night capped off by a playoff Nuggets game that kept me up 'till midnight. Well worth it, but not conducive to getting a sunrise look at Plaster Reservoir - tomorrow.
2009 Count: 124
Lifetime: 140

No comments:

Post a Comment