Thursday, June 18, 2009

A beautiful morning - sans birds


At least once this week I rolled myself out of bed at 6:00 so I could get outdoors before work for some good light. Boy did it pay off! The colors were great and I got enough good or interesting shots to break out separate bird and non-bird posts. Here are the non-birds, starting with an impressive nettle bloom on the lake shore.

The lake itself held some excitement as well, there were multiple bass, (I believe), plucking insects or cottonwood seeds off the surface. Not sure if it will be visible on the web, but its whole body is extended in a backwards "C" below the surface.


A probable Two-tailed Swallowtail Butterfly stopped to rest in the sun. The yellow got a bit washed out - but nice to have one perch anyway.


I also enjoyed watching this turtle, (Spiny Softshell), swimming along between dives. Bird post from this morning still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment