Thursday, August 5, 2010

Optimistic Disappointment

Oxymoronic, I know.

First the disappointment, after an unexpected early start to the work day this morning I had an extended lunch, and took the opportunity to visit Eldorado Canyon State Park. Despite the crowds of people and low overall numbers of birds I was able to add three new species for 2010, a Rufous Hummingbird, three very colorful Lesser Goldfinches, and on the way out - a bunch of young Cedar Waxwings. The disappointment set in afterwards, when I realised that I had taken great pictures of all three, without a memory card in the camera. Arrrgh!

Fortunately, I can get past it all knowing that I will hopefully get some great photo opportunities in this weekend. I am off for a two night jaunt through the north western part of the State of Colorado. This should offer a bunch of opportunities to add species that I don't normally get to see on the eastern side of the mountains.

Now if I remember to load my memory cards I should be all set!

2 comments:

  1. Think of it as "practice". Those would have been three colorful photos though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See if you can set your camera to disable the shutter when a memory card is not in it. I know most have this setting. Sorry for the disappointment. If karma is working, you'll make up for it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete