Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall Yellow-rumped Warblers


Yellow-rumped Warblers seem to have similar characteristics in the fall as the spring, namely that once you have seen one they are likely to be everywhere.

After I had been out to see the Least Tern at Six Mile Reservoir I headed to the north side of Boulder Reservoir to see if there were any interesting water or shorebirds about.


I did see a good variety of common species, but by far the best light and most entertaining sightings were these Yellow-rumpeds who all worked their way past me in a grove of changing aspen.


The reflected light off a few rain clouds worked out to great effect and really capped off a great evening. As I walked back to my car in the fading light I even had a Coyote serenade to accompany me and welcome in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment