Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sick



I feel a bit like the barn above. A little off kilter to say the least. Despite being the victim of the latest bug to make the rounds I did manage to get out for a short drive Friday afternoon in Weld county.



This Harlan's Hawk was trying to hold on to his feathers in the strong winds that were blowing across the plains Friday afternoon.

He was back in his element once he took to the air. I also saw an adult and juvenile Bald Eagle, and three Northern Harriers. Unfortunately no pics of those. My previous posts on the Norhtern Harriers have paid off. The tell-tale white rump patch really stands out when I look for it. I also saw these Eurasian Collared Doves perched on the wires. They are in the midst of a population explosion, having until recently been quite rare in this area.



2009 Count: 56
Lifetime: 86

No comments:

Post a Comment