Monday, April 18, 2011

Shapes and Sky

While at lunch today I found myself once again at Standley Lake, and once again fighting some tough light. This time a subject presented itself particularly well for some silhouette shots. White-faced Ibis. I saw one last year on a snowy morning in Estes Park, but this was the first time I had seen a large group in migration. A few Franklin's Gulls were moving through the area as well. Last Thursday I saw over a hundred at Lower Church Lake. Today there were only a handful in flight, but a fun species, no matter the number. The Ibis were a real highlight though. Seeing a flight of birds and recognising the shape immediately is a real treat - granted this is a pretty memorable shape. So, here's to shapes in the sky - may they all be as easy to id as these!

2 comments: