Friday, October 9, 2009

Pittsburgh


I had never been to Pittsburgh before last week. I was very pleasantly surprised. As mentioned my experience at Tamari was well worth the trip, but in addition we had to be obliging tourists and ride the Duquesne Incline to the top of Mount Washington.


While in Pittsburgh I did find a couple of hours to walk around in Schenley Park. It seemed really nice, but unfortunately I was there at midday, rather than dawn or dusk. I was happy to get the shot of the totally unexpected Cooper's Hawk which flew past me on the way to this dark perch. I did have some other good sighting in the forest, a Brown Creeper climbing through the trees, a Red-Tailed Hawk calling for a long while before I finally caught a few glimpses through the treetops, and a nice group of Red-bellied Woodpeckers moving through the trees, but more on them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment