Thursday, January 8, 2009

Git 'er done! (Not too birdy)

Work is actually picking back up after the holiday doldrums. Not much birding news, the past two days have been filled with the much more important and the much more mundane.


Yesterday was the Bonfils' Bloodmobile day here at work. (Blood drop dude pulled from Google, credited loosely to bharatbloodbank.com). Not only did I get my free cookies and juice, a nifty "green" grocery bag (that I predict I will never successfully remember to take to the grocery store), and my warm fuzzy feeling of having done good. I also got my 1 gallon pin! Such an accomplishment.


Give Blood! It is easy, appreciated, and truly life changing to the recipients. While you are at it sign up to be an organ & tissue donor! Do it the next time you renew your license, and make sure your family knows of your wishes.


Being that I was a pint low in the afternoon I abandoned my lunchtime walk for a trip to the oil change place to have my car drained as well. As Murphy dictates I noticed on my drive home that the car lights behind me were making me drive home in a shadow. Sure enough, I was then one headlight down.

That ruled out an exceptionally early start to the day today, so no birding before work, and of course lunch was shot getting a car wash (too dirty to lean on) and changing out the headlamps.


With all that done I am ready for my three day "pager freedom" weekend. I plan to head to Barr Lake State Park tomorrow, and get some skiing in early Saturday, (maybe some Purple Finches or Siskins), before the playoff games get going.



If you are still reading feel free to check these sites to get the blood flowing:

Bonfils Blood Center (Denver area blood donations)

American Red Cross Blood Services (Any other US based Blood Donations)

Colorado Organ and Tissue Donor Registry


Government Organ and Tissue Registry Information

No comments:

Post a Comment