Monday, September 27, 2010

More Fall Sparrows


White-crowned Sparrow


I have never been one for definitives. Ask me what my favorite food is, and I can give you a list; music, depends on the mood; movie, yeah right; book - even worse. So naturally I am not one to play favorites in nature, but even so I have a tough time passing on fall as a favorite time of year. Don't get me wrong, winter spring and summer all have their strengths, but I think it is the variety of fall that really captures my interest. The colors and the weather are constantly changing. An early frost may be followed by a week in the 90's, and by the end of fall, (a week before the Christmas Holidays), winter will have fully arrived, or in Colorado it will have at least made and appearance.


Lincoln's Sparrow


For now, around here colors are achieving their full tones, and birds have been moving through steadily. Fall also seems to be a season when my time is pre-allocated, mainly by football games and old friends returning to watch football games. So birding takes a bit of a hit, but it just makes those times when I can get out that much more memorable.


White-crowned Sparrow


The visit I had to the Walden & Sawhill Ponds complex in Boulder was certainly one of those. On a walk there with a roommate and dog I saw these sparrows and a good number of other species as well. Another post to follow with a pair of new species for the blog...

1 comment:

  1. Very nice lighting on those sparrows. Great shot of the Lincoln's!

    ReplyDelete