Friday, July 23, 2010

Wild 'Marmot' Chase


I would imagine that the majority of the readers of this site will already know where I am about to head when I title a post "Wild 'Marmot' Chase" (The 'Marmot' is just a reference to the picture I had left over from last weekend.) For those who don't, you are going to have to wait, because I am pretty sure that writing about what I am diving into in advance is bad juju.

Let's just say that all my previous overnight adventures in birding consisted of deciding to head to a place, and see what I could find there. This weekend I am doing just the opposite.

In the process I have a feeling that I will be exposed to people who carry this 'pursuit' to a whole new level. I can't wait, the people watching should be spectacular, even if the birdwatching disappoints.

So, if this post of loose allusions makes sense to you, and if you are sitting at work, watching the time creep by like I am; waiting to chase the exact same bird...well then look for me in the crowd - after we have all gotten good looks of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment